What is a Roth IRA?
A Roth IRA is and Individual Retirement Account which allows individuals to save for retirement. The name Roth IRA is used to identify how it will be treated by the IRS.
When an individual opens a Roth IRA they can then place investments in this account, or use a service like jazzWealth to manage the investments for them. The investments can include stocks, bonds, exchange traded funds, and mutual funds among other investments. Given that the money contributed is "Post Tax," the investments grow "tax free" until retirement. This means that none of the gains or contributions are taxed in retirement.
- Contributions and gains grow tax free
- There are no requirements to withdraw money at any age
- Contributions may be withdrawn at anytime tax and penalty free
- Wide variety of investment options
- Protection from creditors
- Contributions are not tax deductible
- Not available if current income is to high
- Investors are limited by the contribution cap
Why choose jazzWealth for your Roth IRA?
- Do not understand the investment process
- Do not have time to manage ones investments
- Need personal financial advice along the way
- No trading commissions or fund fees